(This idea came home from school.)
- paper plate
- cotton batting / cotton balls
- white glue
- red construction paper cut out like Santa's hat
- red construction paper cut into a circle for the nose
- optional: crayons, markers, stickers, glitter for decorating
- optional: craft stick to make a handle for the mask
- adult: mark a "T" shape on the back of the mask (the eating surface of the paper plate)
- adult: measure approximate width of child's eyes across face (outer corner of eyes) and mark that as the top of the "T"
- adult: measure approximate distance of eyes to mouth of child and use this to mark the vertical length of the "T"
- adult: cut out the top of the "T" and the very bottom of the "T" to make holes from which child can see and speak
- have child glue cotton and nose on mask
- have child decorate as desired
- mask can be held up to face
- optional: attach craft stick to bottom of mask to use as handle