In anticipation of Canada Day!
- white paper (for a more durable flag use thick paper such as cardstock)
- red crayon / marker / pencil crayon / paint
- drinking straw (the one shown is approx 19cm in length)
- optional: print out an image of a maple leaf, glue
- adult to cut paper down to appropriate size to match straw handle (one shown in image is approximately 14cm wide by 6.5cm high)
- draw red lines for two red stripes, one on either end of the flag
- draw red maple leaf in centre of flag (or cut out image of maple leaf for pasting onto flag)
- have child colour red stripes and maple leaf red
- tape flag to end of drinking straw
- wear safety glasses to avoid having your eye poked out by a very excited flag waver!